Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Christmas Brooches

 

Here is a collage of some of the 30 Christmas brooches I made... some for gifts, some on commission. I especially want to point out the "keys" brooches. These were gifted to the granddaugters/daughters of a deceased love one who had left a string of wind up toy keys with a note that said " Keys for wind-up toys June '89". I was commissioned to make 4 brooches from the keys. Here are pictured two, "Wind-up" and "June'89" or as I call it "The rose". I got to meet the recipiant after Christmas, all wearing their pins proudly and telling me about their granny and how special it was to see her handwriting and keys.

The other brooches went to my mother-in-law, who from now on I'll just write Franny... she gave them as gifts and some I gifted to her... more on those later.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment