Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Franny Franny Franny

 

I am very lucky to be surrounded by such creative people in my life and Franny is a new addition. Justin, my husband's mom Franny is an artist. She travels around to the schools in Toronto/Ontario and teaches. I love being involved in her projects! Once she saw my work that she had commissioned me to do she hinted that she would love some "interesting brooches that the kids will see and ask what they are made of" for her Christmas gift... well, I decided to do one for each day of the week. Here is a photo of four. "The Daffodil" was my attempt to try another flower brooch different from the others that have more petals. "Three Fish Coral" was one that I really got excited about. The closer you look the more you notice..."Purple Starfish" is made out of computer pieces and freshwater pearls... not something you'd usually see together! BUT I have to say my favorite is the one I call "Blank Canvas"...Franny inspires me to try new things and so when I was putting this one together I tried all sorts of new techniques and items. I'm guessing no one will ever be able to tell what it's really made of :) All the bits and pieces come from special places, which I wrote down and gave to Franny when she opened these on Christmas. We should all try to be like Franny, blank canvases ready to learn and grow no matter how much we think we already know!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment